Tuesday, August 21, 2007

LA Colors Trio Eyeshdow

by Vanessa Garcia, nessasarymakeup.com

One of the things I liked about this trio eyeshadow is the compact casing that nestles the three eyeshadow colors, it's not bulky at all and I think it's perfect to keep in your purse or makeup bag for any touch-ups throughout the day. I ordered the L.A. Colors Lipgloss Palette a few weeks ago and just fell in love with it so I was really excited to give their eyeshadows a try. I got it in “Snow White/Lilac Mist/Royal Violet”


What I enjoyed about this eyeshadow trio is how each of the three colors sort of correlate together to achieve an awesome look, there's a light colored eyeshadow that you can use as a highlight, the medium shade for the inside corner of the lid, and a darker shade for the outer portion of your lid; all in one convenient case!

The only thing I did not like about the compact was the pigmentation and the durability of the eyeshadows; I had to make several swipes of each eyeshadow on my sponge applicator just to get a decent amount of color on my eyelid, as a couple of swipes were just too light as if I didn't 'grab' any color on my sponge-tip applicator. Also, without an eye priming base, the colors didn't last long and were gone by the end of the day, making me look a bit washed out. However, once you do have enough of each color on your lid, the colors are just gorgeous and make your peepers just “pop”. I think if they also made it into a flip-top duo compact with the eyeshadow colors on top and a mirror and a sponge tip applicator at the bottom, it would really be ideal for gals on-the-go; rather than having to fetch for a mirror and a makeup brush or sponge tip applicator, just to be more “space-saving”.

But you just can't beat the awesome price, at $5 a pop for THREE eyeshadow colors on CherryCulture.com, it's a definite steal. Rather than having to carry all your eyeshadows for touch-ups, you can conveniently get a trio with your favorite colors and have it on hand. And L.A. Colors Trio Eyeshadow has tons of color combinations you can choose from; they have everything from neutral browns, smoky black and gray, to fun and crazy
summer colors! And at $5 each, you can pretty much get all the colors!