Monday, October 29, 2007
Messy Smokey Eyes for fall
by by Nicole Randelman, iheartgloss.com
This fall there are so many cool makeup trends it's hard to decide which one to go for. Thank god you can change your makeup when the mood strikes. One of my favorites of this season is the new "messy smokey eye". This is a cool way to take the classic smokey eye and make it more modern and edgy. Plus, it's a whole lot easier to do since the object is to make it look imperfect. This look should take about 5 minutes to achieve. Remember to go as edgy as you want on the eyes and keep the lips and cheeks soft and simple with peachy beigey colors.
I love using this Sugar Zip Kit in Ginger for this, it has everything you need to achieve this ultra hip look.
Here's what I do:
1) Apply the light pink shadow all over the lower half of the lids. Make sure to blend it in very well. This is a great base for the rest of the shadows.
2) Apply the light gray shadow on top of the pink shadow. Blend that in with your finger.
3) Next, take the skinny pointy part of the shadow applicator and apply the dark steel shadow to upper and lower lash lines. This should be a bit imperfect or "messy". Blend this with your finger.
4) Curl your lashes and then apply 2 coats of jet black mascara to top lashes and one coat to bottom lashes. Lashes can be a bit clumpy for a messy effect.
5) For a dazzling finishing touch, apply light pink shadow to inner corners.
Apply the sparkling peach gloss to your lips and you'll look like you just stepped off the runways!